C2 alloys on zx

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dunc55

C2 alloys on zx

Post by Dunc55 »

Would 16inch alloys from a C2 VTR fit a ZX volcane ? Or will I have a severe rubbing situation ?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Dunc -
It does not matter if it is steel or alloy wheels in 16" size. What matters are the size of tyres you put on the alloys [;)]
If you already know what index tyres goes on the Volcane - you also know the basic size on C2 alloys to fit.
cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

One of the bx16v club guys put a set of c2gt alloys on his bx, they will fit although they do have a considerable 'inset' rather than offset so you may find that they rub on the inner arches, especially on the front!! you may well find that you will need spacers and longer wheel bolts to bring them out to the 'normal' wheel position!
jmwoowar
My Cars:

Post by jmwoowar »

Hi there,
I bought a ZX Volcane with 16 inch alloys and 195/46 R16 tyres fitted. The front wheels are bolted directly onto the hub and clear the arches without any problems.
The rear wheels have half inch spacers fitted to make them clear arch sides. It looks like the owner initially tried running them without any spacers as there's alot of rubbing of the arch sides.
It seems a worthwhile upgrade though as the car corners like a dream.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

jmwoowar, that makes for interesting reading as I'm looking at fitting 16" alloys too. I was going to go for 17's but after a trip in by bro's 306 the ride is too harsh for me, so 16's seem the best bet.
Do you have any pictures of you zx running on 16's??