xm wiring diagram - cooling fan problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

aengus
My Cars:

Post by aengus »

seriously consider getting a replacement hose! a friend of mine did just this, and a while later, the hose broke and dumped the coolant at speed on the motorway, cooked the engine which seized as he pulled up, end of another XM :-(
regards
Dave
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ivan olsen</i>

hi Nisk,
i've already fixed the pipe you mentioned that is behind the injector and attach directly onto the engine block. mine gone dead by the metal screw-operated tightener (have no clue what its real name is) at the block. i cut them shorter and now it works fine. it happened few weeks ago at 160kph, fortunately near my home, so i could drive home still with some coolant in the reservoir. but the dripping is going on for a half year now, so it's from somewhere else.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
ivan olsen
My Cars:

Post by ivan olsen »

the vents problem seems to be solved. i've cleaned the contacts of the three thermo-meters on the thermostat, and now the vents seem to work fine. i hope they'll work for a while now.
i will disassemble the engine by the fuel injector tomorrow to see where the leakage is.
edit: and many thanks for all your hints! [:)]
ivan olsen
My Cars:

Post by ivan olsen »

okay, the problem rises again. i drove around 100km with working fans, and then i discovered the temp rising again above 90 degrees celsius. i thought it's only because of the excess heat (we have around 37C in shadow today (so instead of repairing the car i will just jump into the pool now)), but when i stopped the engine at home, i noticed that the fans were not spinning anymore. i will check the cables again if the engine cools down, but i'm getting really clueless now on where the gremlin is. i need to go for a cycling race far away from my hometown this saturday, now i need to borrow a car. i'm getting really mad at citroens. :o(
ivan olsen
My Cars:

Post by ivan olsen »

the misery is solved!
there's a button with a half snowflake and "stop" in the car, that - according to the manual - should operate the a/c (mine is flat on freon ever since i bought it a year ago). well, not in my car. in my car it turns off the cooling fan of the engine when depressed!
the leaking fluid is gasoline for sure, gotta discover its roots today.