Update - Timing Belt Disaster

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ax1527

Update - Timing Belt Disaster

Post by ax1527 »

Many thanks for all your comments. Jeremy and Rotodiesel are correct in that the 1.5D has adjustable sprockets on the cam and pump. My car is a 1995 model with a Lucas pump. With the help of someone who knows what they are talking about, the new belt (Dayco) is on and the car is running as normal. Now that I have been shown what to do, I would still consider doing it myself when it is next due. The car was bought for commuting 70 miles a day and after almost 2 years use it is still returning 65 mpg on average. The best I have seen is 72mpg, the worst 60 mpg (after caning it). I realise that it is fairly agricultural with heavy steering and no crash protection but as a cheap (£750), reliable commuting car, it takes some beating!
rotodiesel

Post by rotodiesel »

Glad it's back together without damage. The TUD5 engine is brilliant in a town runaround car - this 106D is a school run mobile, and nearly always betters 65mpg even at 103k miles.
rotodiesel.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Excellent!
Its not an engine we come across often here - which presumably means they never go wrong!
jeremy