ac switch on s2 vsx estate here goes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sammycitroenzx
My Cars:

ac switch on s2 vsx estate here goes

Post by sammycitroenzx »

first of all i like to thank all of you for your help
i realy do belive the switch i have is for the a/c with snowflake and the word stop i have spoken to astroair and this conferms it they tend to use factory fit switches for a tidy apperence and it was one from a later models autoadaptive box hence the confusion now here is the hard bit
astro air dont keep wiring diagrams and dont do car installs any more
so i have a 4 blade switch with led and 4 wires now how to connect them this is where i needs the help
one has got to be earth right
one supply to indcator light
one feed from ignition
one feed to compressor clutch
how do i test to find out which is which i also belive the switch was faulty hence being disconected
where can i get one citroen do have them in stock and are disconinued
ho hum
samantha
it aint broke till you try and fix it
xm 2.0ct vsx estate 1996 290k
also got to go volcaine 1.9 petrol for sale stupidly cheep
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Sounds about right. Earth should be easy to find, just check for low resistance to handy earth point. One should go live when you switch the ignition on. One should go live when you switch the lights on. The one that's left will be the feed to the compressor clutch. If you can't get a switch from Citroen, you will need to get down the scrappers and find one. For the time being though, when you've identified the ignition feed and compreesor feed, just join them together to see if the system will run (I doubt it!).