hdi Xantia fluid leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

redfrus
My Cars:

hdi Xantia fluid leak

Post by redfrus »

hi, i have a fluid leak from the front underneath of car,its coming from plastic casing with fluid pipes connected to it. its right next to the middle lower front sphere,at first sighting it looked like the fluid was coming from a nipple nut, but its from underneath a plastic case with a rubber pipe on top and a electric connector on side of it. can any body tell me from my bad description what it is the leak is coming from thanks redfrus
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

Is it Hyd oil, what is the fluid?
redfrus
My Cars:

Post by redfrus »

the fluid is LHM
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Is the car a hydractive one (sports suspension switch by handbrake?) If so, it's probably the hydractive control block. If not, it might be the accumulator, but I think the electrical connector gives it away. I am a bit confused about the plastic cover though - as far as I know this is an all metal unit - apart from maybe the electro valve. Can you post a picture of it?
redfrus
My Cars:

Post by redfrus »

t
redfrus
My Cars:

Post by redfrus »

Hi Richard From your description it looks like the electro valve. It is leaking from underneath the electrical connection, on what appears to be a rubber pipe 10mm crimped to a plastic case 20mm dia with a plug in elec connector. When the plug is disconnected the plastic case swivels and it leaks from underneath the plastic. Thanks Redfrus
sehnrt

Post by sehnrt »

[:D]
redfrus
My Cars:

Post by redfrus »

We have tracked the leak to the electro valve at the front ,beneath the radiator. Has anyone had one replaced who could tell us the costs to expect.
Thanks Redfrus.
redfrus
My Cars:

Post by redfrus »

The leak has been cured.A O ring on the valve replaced at citroen garage. Very good service, cost 25:00,thanks everybody REDRFUS.