for all you C5 owners

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TheWorker
My Cars:

for all you C5 owners

Post by TheWorker »

today i finished a big service on a `51 C5 V6, timing belt and all (not as bad as you might think) upon inspection of the rear brakes i found the calipers had gone crooked, much like the xantias exept worse - the bolts were a f-ing nitemare to get out even with an air gun. after about an hour of hiting with a hammer it was decided to just buy two new calipers and bolts, they cost about 75 quid each and the bolts come seperatly for 2-3 quid for a pair.
once they were on i filled the small holes in the bolt passages with some grease, and i suspect these holes are the cause of the whole problem. so if your C5 keeps going thrugh loads of rear pads you know what it is now.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheWorker</i>

i filled the small holes in the bolt passages with some grease, and i suspect these holes are the cause of the whole problem.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
the problem is they put loads of loctite on the part of the bolt that sits inside the caliper (NOT threaded part) at the factory.
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

i thought thats what it was