Air Conditioning Xantia HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

menthax
My Cars:

Air Conditioning Xantia HDI

Post by menthax »

I have 2000 xantia hdi and have a problem on a/c.It works only off the
the slider climate control ie auto or manual.The air con switch above heater controls(switch on its own) doesn't do anything when off or on,when on would expect it to bring clutch in on pump , so it means that the clutch on air con pump will be on all time in winter if i have the blower fan on.
There,s a wire with 8049 on a/c switch can't find where it goes to,nothing in haynes book hoping someone may be able to help me with problem please.
Rostami
My Cars:

Post by Rostami »

Maybe I misunderstood your post but my Xantia A/C works exactly as you describe avove!
The switch with the green center light enables the A/C
The sliding nob allows you to choose auto temperature regulation or turn the blower off or to force manual blower speed selection.
menthax
My Cars:

Post by menthax »

My switch with the green light on, if its in the off postion the air conditioning still working on the slider switch.
If I thro the slider switch to hot I can still see the the clutch on a/c pump is still engaged which doesn't seem right to me.
Thanks for your reply
menthax
My Cars:

Post by menthax »

Also if i can find where wire idented 8049 goes to it might help me i know it doesn't go to a/con module under glove box.
On the same switch is 0008,3681 and 1895 I don't think these matter they only supply for switch light and feed for 8049.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

wire 8049 should go to pin 17B of the A/C control module. what makes you say it doesent ? the wire number & colour can change by the time it gets to the control module eg going through a splice or interconnector.