quick loom quest

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

quick loom quest

Post by rossnunn »

would the main car harness be that same across a range of engines?
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

main car harness? Go on what are you thinking?
If your actually asking if there is a main loom then generally there isn't! The 'big' cluster of wires that can often be refered to as a main loom is simply groups of looms all together and would include lights, window, central locking, audio and so on. Many models often carry similar sections of loom to reduce costs, for example on some BX looms there is a connector for the Digital clock even when there isnt one fitted. BUT contrary to popular belief the looms are usually built for a specific model and thus are not similar (whay add 60 extra wires for a sunroof if there isnt going to be one fitted).
Certainly my experience of the od Xantia, loads of BX's and as many 405's suggests that every single loom in the world is different! Though im sure there not,t ehre is some remarkale differences in looms. THough i have no idea what car your thinking off so couldnt really say for deffinate!
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

right, I'm asking because on the main engine/body plug on my ZX there are more wires body side than engine, so I'm wondering if the body loom is the same in that area as say the 1.6 & 1.8's hence the extra wires for things like oil pressure gauge etc.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

my sons ax has the wires behind the dash powerd up for rear wash/wipe,all we have to add is small front to rear loom which plugs in just behinddash on n/s,the switch and twin pump washer bottle regards malcolm