farting brake pedal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Waxee

Post by Waxee »

I noticed the same farting noise on my car two days before your posting. Tried to accuse my wife sitting next to me and got a thick ear. When I saw the replies to your query I checked the carpet but it was dry. Brake performance is still good. I also did the pedal mod a month ago, but think thats just coincedence.When I have the radio on (most of the time)I can hardly hear it so dont know exactly when it started but as per the replies here, it will be interesting to see what happens when the temp drops again.......
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Hmm.. I'm wondering whether the extra heat causes the nitrogen to escape from the sphere's more readily and into the brakes or something.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if you have any gap around bulb it will leak fluid,and im sure you cant see the bulb from inside the car,also any vibration at pedle in usuly air in brake system not just rear brakes regards malcolm
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Ah, righto. I shall bleed all 4 brakes and let you know. Just need some rubber hosing and a jam jar now....
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

I appear to have cured this by bleeding the accumulator sphere. I don't remember doing that when I replaced it, I just slapped it on.
As soon as I opened the release valve a quarter of a turn to depressurise the system, ready for the new anti sink sphere, it hissed a lot as it's meant to but gurgled a bit too. I'm assuming that was the air in there leaving the wet side of the sphere.
Anyway, you were all right. It was air in the system by the looks of things, just not where I expected it! My brakes are now nice and sharp again with no farting of the brake pedal.
Cheers for your help folks! (this forum kicks ass [:)]).