Citroen Part numbers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscarloco
My Cars:

Citroen Part numbers

Post by oscarloco »

Hi
I need to replace the dampers (front and rear), drop links and steering rods on my ZX. Unfortunately, when I go to the local Peugeot dealer to get my parts (there is no local Citroen dealer), they always ask me for the part in my car to compare it.
Obviously this is really complicated so I was thinking giving them the Citroen part numbers so they can search and see if they are the same.
Anyone has them?
czenda
My Cars:

Post by czenda »

I am not sure what you mean by "damper" - possibly "shock absorber"?
If so, I would not buy them from Cit or Pug dealer, there are numerous aftermarket manufacturers producing higher/same quality shock absorbers for same/lower price for almost any car ever produced.
The example I can use is not from Citroen universe (I do not have any shock absorbers in my BX [:p]), but I got Monroe Senzatrac shocks for my Fiat for about 2/3 of the price asked by Fiat dealer for their original, i.e. lower-quality shock absorbers.
Hope this helps[?]
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

contact GSF car parts if theres not one near you they do mail order,you tell them what your car is they will sell you the right parts regards malcolmn
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Czenda: You are correct, it is a shock absorber, but I also known them by dampers, I don't know which is the correct term in english. Problem is that in my country its almost impossible finding aftermarket parts for Citroen.
Citronut: I am in Guatemala so the shipping costs from GSF are way to high.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Oscar, we have the same problem over terminology in the U.K, both terms are widely used although for my money "damper" is the correct term - it damps the action of the spring. Logically the spring is the item that absorbs the shocks!
Sorry that doesn't help you in your search for part numbers.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

You can find part numbers on Citroen PR-Net. If you cannot register in your country send me your chassis number and I'll look up the parts for you.
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Wow, Stempy you really are excellent! Thank you so much.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

http://www.sbcats.co.uk/index.html is the Sachs Boge shock absorber catalogue. I would agree genuine parts for shocks is an expensive route when the quality aftermarkets are excellent.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Sorry I dont agree on after-market dampers for Peugeot & Citroen cars.
Original equipment everytime for me, How many other car manufactures make there own dampers then?
Anyway, Peugeot have just cut the prices nearly in half for the older cars on a lot of items, So check with your main dealer & you might be very surprised how cheap they can be!