Purflux Fuel Filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Purflux Fuel Filter

Post by PicassoPigeon »

I have not been able to get these from GSF Plymouth for over a month they tell me that they are all coming through as Mann. I have always used the Purflux ones and would like to continue, what does everybody else use?
I like the shape of the Purflux with the chevron paper folds the Mann is just straight.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I recall that at one time genuine Honda were purflux.
I don't see heaps of cars siezed up by the roadside because a different brand of oil filter was used. Even if using a different brand shortened you engine life by 20% (which it won't) the chances are you will have got rid years before anything happens.
jeremy
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Have used Mann filters in the past when I had a MK1 PUG 309 TD as a company car (In house servcing) never had any problems. quality seemed OK as well.
FDV
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by FDV »

There must be a supply problem with purflux. Alot of our oil filters have been superceeded to Hengst.
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

I believe that Mann filters are readilly available because they are produced 'locally' in Wolverhampton.... with regard to their design, all these types of filter have to comply with a set standard either ISO or BS and do so in their own way.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

My latest lot from GSF are mann, they have the non return valve in as far as I'm aware, so they should be OK
pete
________
California mdecial marijuana dispensaries
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I'm using filters from the Auchan hypermarket in Calais at the moment-BX oil filters were on special offer and diesel filters were marked up at less than 3 euro's each[:)]-they seem fine, worth a look if anyones going on holiday soon ( despite having a picture of a robin on them..) Air filters were the same price as here, though.....
Like Jeremy says, you don't see hordes of seized cars due to unknown filters!!! I usually use Wix,but only because that's what my local factor stocks-I have used all sorts over the years with no problems.
They probably all come out of the same factory anyway!!