Whats it worth - Activa

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

VLL
My Cars:

Whats it worth - Activa

Post by VLL »

A mate of mine has a 97-R Activa which he's wanting to sell, its done about 106,000miles, probably needs new spheres and a bit of a tidy up, the lacquer is peeling in a couple of places and it needs a new exhaust.
What should he be asking for it and is there anyone here thats interested?
Here's a recent pic, he lives on a farm which is why its a bit dirty.
http://www.dhendry.plus.com/images/Activa.jpg
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

It is so difficult to put a value on a car like this... I suspect that although on this site the activa is regarded (rightly in my opinion) as a desirable car as well as an engineering milestone, to most people it is a car to be admired from afar !! The price of the exhaust alone could make the car uneconomic to repair... without allowing for the ( qty ten I believe) spheres... I'm a confirmed cit DIY'er and would think twice before taking the plunge. I do wish I could be more help.. Is there anyone else reading want to have a go at valuing this car ?
cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

i agree that its a difficault one to price purley because its a desired taste (like the bx16v!) but a quick search on autotrader has found a few for you to judge!
the first three are from £799 -1295 and they all look in good condition but dont display milage (so i am guessing over 100k!)and are 95-96 reg and the other 2 are 96 and 98 respectively priced at £1795 64k and £2500 with 83k, both look tidy!
i think very much that its one of those depends on who's prepared to pay what for it! but like mpr has said, not many diy'ers would consider one! it has nearly twice the amount of spheres as the bx!! but that doesnt makje it a bad car!
Was this one by chance the one from fcs that made 200+bhp on the rolling road???? i remember there being three there and one was red!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I'd say an Activa isn't worth a whole lot more than a standard Xantia.
The problem with the Activa is that its only 150bhp in standard trim (so of no interest to boy racers) and relatively unknown. This means as far as value goes, it isn't worth a lot more than the equivilent non Activa Xantia, except to those in the know i.e. those who drive them.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Nope that car is my wifs its for sale at £890with 6 monts tax and mot.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I would have put its value nearer the £5-700 mark, if it needs new spheres and a new exhaust, thats going to add about £5-600 onto the price that anyone pays, and with the peeling laquer as well, it doesnt make it too desirable really
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

average Activa's only go for £600 bad ones only £300
Ian Fearn
My Cars:

Post by Ian Fearn »

My mate recently got an Activa for practically free!
Its suspension is completely hydrospazzy though, takes about 10 mins to finally settle down after doing a load of acrobatics!
Rostami
My Cars:

Post by Rostami »

Sorry to barge in...what does "ono" mean?
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Well the depending of the context its used in...and since all the posts are referring to money then i would say its fairly safe to say that 'ono' is relating to 'Or Nearest Offer' as in this car is £500 ono.
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

He was thinking around the £600-700 mark for it, he can get the lacquer fixed and maybe the exhaust.
Might be worth more if he broke it for spares, but its a shame to break such a rare car.
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

I thought all activa's came with fog lights ?, he seems to have jst holes where they should be ?,
He'd probably be better off putting it on ebay as it is with the faults described without fixing the laquer and exhaust and start the bidding at £500, that way it hasnt cost him money to fix
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

i haddent noticed that the car also has the wrong bumper on it... thats a standard xantia bumper not an activa one which will cause problems with towing and airflow, this is what the bumper should look like...
http://activa-all.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ ... c/0d_3.jpg
or
http://activa-all.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ ... c/f9_3.jpg
its my experiance that bumper swaps like this only happen when there has been a crash as people find it very hard to get hold of activa bumpers (yes for those of you in the know this "sports" bumper is also fitted to the V6 and 2.1 TD)
As for breaking it, if i can have the entire activa systems off it with the rear suspension and front i will bay £350 just for that lot! you will get £200 for the engien easly which means you will make over its value breaking it...
Andy
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

if your mate will take £550 for it i may have a buyer for the engine and i will buy the suspension for the £550 i'd like the whole car though as it takes about 5 days to remove the suspension and its a very very tricky job.
if your mate is ok with that amopunt i will also need some time to get the cash together as i resently had an identaty theft on my card and am out of work so life is fun moeny wise at tht moment.
Andy
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

email sent
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ActivaV6uk</i>

if your mate will take £550 for it i may have a buyer for the engine and i will buy the suspension for the £550 i'd like the whole car though as it takes about 5 days to remove the suspension and its a very very tricky job.
if your mate is ok with that amopunt i will also need some time to get the cash together as i resently had an identaty theft on my card and am out of work so life is fun moeny wise at tht moment.
Andy
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">