air con light bulb

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kid
My Cars:

air con light bulb

Post by kid »

hi folks
the light on my air con switch has faded and is difficult to see the difference when its on or off, so i need to put a new bulb in,
ive had o look in haynes and it states i need to remove the steering wheel which i dont want to do. is there any other way i can get to the bulb?
regards
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Can you not just pop the switch out. They come to bits quite easily for bulb replacement.
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stempy</i>

Can you not just pop the switch out. They come to bits quite easily for bulb replacement.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
how do you do this stempy, is it simply just with a screwdriver type of thing job? i dont want to damage the switch! is the bulb able to be replaced by 'popping ' out the switch?
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

The switches on mine will pop out with a bit of gentle persuasion from a wide bladed screw driver. Use a piece of card to help prevent damage at the leverage points. The front bit of the switch will come away from the switch body and the bulb holder is inside. I think some people fit LEDs for a clearer indication, you may get something to fit here http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/
Philjw
My Cars:

Post by Philjw »

I took mine to pieces as Stempy describes. I found that there was a cover or diffuser between the bulb and the switch. When this was removed the light was better but not great. Always needed to remove sunglasses to check the light was on.
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

ok thanks ill give it a go
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

Looks like ive made a bodge job of it. Ive got the light working fine and it shows through clearly, however now the air con is not working at all, i.e. there is no 'click' and the fans are still. The fans still work when the thermostat is open as normal.
So the light switch comes on, but no click and the fans don’t operate either.
I should add, initially when I took the switch out and put it back in it worked fine, but as soon as I pushed the switch all the way back into its slot it stopped working.
ive had a look at the back at the white connector, there are four wires going into it which all semm ok.
Any ideas please
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

anyone?
ive looked at all the fuses all ok
could it be the switch, it lights up when i press it. does this mean its ok?
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Just cos the light works doesn't necessarily mean that the switch is switching. You need to remove the switch and check it working correctly.