Wiring Fog lamps ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Twiss

Wiring Fog lamps ?

Post by Twiss »

Hi Everyone, yes another question.
My 93 TD ZX Aura does not have the wiring for the front fog lamps so I went bought one from halfords and Well lets say not getting any where fast.
I have followed the instructions but still have no lights so heres a few questions:-
1) where's a good ground point on the near side of the engine compartment? Battery side/Area
2) For the switch inside the dash it say connect one wire from the relay and another to ground point and another wire to the side light ciruit done this but the switchliht does not come on when the lights are on in any postion. so have i done that wrong
3) Does any one know of a better way to wire these lovely Fog lamps up?
And yes I have been though the car and it definetly does not have the wiring for the fog lamps.
PLEASE HELP before I go MAD (If I havent already)
Thanks Vaughn
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Well you can / could use the battery earth for your ground. And if memory serves me well you should have a live to your relay. Relay to earth. Live from relay to switch to lamps to earth. I bought a kit from hal***ds and the kit was well put together. Took about 2 hours to fit on my old ZX TD. If the fogs aint going to draw alot of current you could alway just go battery, switch, lamps, earth but use a fuse in line. This I wouldn't recomend as fogs are on for some time. Just read the instructions and plan it out on your work bench or kitchen table.
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

Update!! Its all done and working but I have to kick my self as I was to blame I had wired the feed to the switch from the side light circuit wrong, I put the feed on the + side and not the - side as I should have done. So now it all works. Must admit the instructions are not clear enough.
Thanks for your input
Twiss
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

My ZX has its add-on fogs wired up on the drivers side, the relay for them is actually behind the headlight and attached to the inner wing by adhesive duct tape, very easy for access as there's lots of space in that area.. The dash switch I got from main dealer for £10.00 but I paid to have it-them fitted as I know nothing about elecs. [:I]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Nice one Twiss. Thought you'd get there in the end.