cd changer xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

poppy
My Cars:

cd changer xantia

Post by poppy »

my 99 1.8i SX has no cd changer. just a cd button on the radio.....i thought it was standard equipment?
has anyone got one for sale or have a contact
will it be wired thru the car anyway,and just need connecting?
im in leicester....any help much apprctd norm
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Right, you'll have the Clarion 4035 like mine then by the sounds of it. That means you'll need the Clarion 6 disc changer with the round DIN type plug to fit.
Basically you get the changer, a bracket (makes it easier to mount in the boot) and a huge long lead that plugs into the rear of the head unit supplying the changer with power and to feed the input. Earlier ones had Blaupunkt systems fitted IIRC so look for a Clarion. I put mine in the boot as I thought I'd do the job properly and also you could just see if when I sat it under the drivers seat. Not good for thieves....
I got mine from a chap on Freeads including bracket and cable for £70. He'd hardly used it. Failing that, you can get them from a dealer but they'll relieve you of about £250 at least, with £40 for the cable. Robbing b4stards.....
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Hi my cd changer appears to have died a death so I have been searching on the net for a repalcement, the following is about one of the cheapest I came across its the DC628, I hope it helps.
http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop.p ... clarion%2F
bigfrank100

Post by bigfrank100 »

I've got a '99 Hdi Xantia Sx with the autochanger, I've since fitted a Kenwood Mp3 player and have removed the standard autochanger as it's not compatible/needed. I'll have a look and dig it out, and find the model numbers to make sure it's compatible with your system. It is the Clarion 6 disc number with the round DIN type connector, and I've still got the original brackets as it all came out at the same time. The lead I can't help you with as it's still in the bowels of my car.
poppy
My Cars:

Post by poppy »

hi ta 4 the help guys.....since last post my kids have said they want mp3 burnt compilations playing in car ,so i need a cd/mp3 unit......any ideas here ?? im not up to speed on this new sound stuff.....im old enough to remember my old ford classic 4 door with the valve unit alongside the radio!! [still sounded good]
any links to these gizmos welcome
user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

Hi Norman. I have got a Sony CDX-R3300.There are a few on e-bay about £80-£90 new. Or check Halford's to see if the are on offer. They are good units and cope very well with MP3 cd's. I also got a lead from Autolead's so ALL the steering control's still work. The thing I like best is the silver face as it goes well with the silver trim on the dashboard. Make sure (if you do get one) that you have the correct lead as I got the wrong one first time around as mine has a newer small connector block as used on newer Citroens. Almost done! I found Halfords the cheapest for Autoleads (or try e-bay I suppose). If you do get anything else make sure it has a remote control output so you can still use the steering controls and stick with Sony as they seem to be about the best I have found. If you remove the old stereo you can tell which lead you require (I rang Autoleads and they were very helpfull). Sorry for the long post but it's nice to be of help for a change instead of asking for help all the time.
http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct. ... +CD+Tuners
http://www.autoleads.co.uk/home.html
Any more question just ask.
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Hi,
Argos are currently selling a sony cdxc-2200 cd/mp3 head unit supplied and fited for £100, only extra is the facia plate adaptor about £20/£25, this unit also works with the sony infra red remote control available for about £20.
A second choice is a JVC KD G-402 cd/mp3 for £86.57 again supplied and fitted, hope this helps.
baldrick
My Cars:

Post by baldrick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bigfrank100</i>

I've got a '99 Hdi Xantia Sx with the autochanger, I've since fitted a Kenwood Mp3 player and have removed the standard autochanger as it's not compatible/needed. I'll have a look and dig it out.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If you still have this i might be interested,what is the model number and how much you looking at .
thanks