wierd noise on clutch?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zorgman
My Cars:

wierd noise on clutch?

Post by zorgman »

hi
got a clutch fitted last month and im now hearing tapping noise when im moving and push the clutch in just as tho you have a stone in tyre it speeds up and down consistant with road speed but not engine speed either in strieght line left/right. its coming from left hand side of car.
any thoughts on this one please
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

To get at the clutch means removal of the N/S driveshaft and the g/box. I'll bet the garage has used tie wraps to hold the CV gaiters on and they're catching on something as they go round, hence it's doing it at road wheel speed.
Does it only do it when the clutch is pressed or all the time? Take it back to the garage that fitted it. They should sort anything like this for free as they haven't done their job right by the sounds of it.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Sounds to me as though it could be the NS driveshaft. Is the nut on the end tight? (Worth having a look at the wheelnuts while you're there). Is the CV joint OK?
Jeremy
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

well it gets wierder, it only happens in forwards and when ithink about it only started after i fitted a new ball joint on nearside as it happens where the noise is from so im checking all thru in morn but still open to suggestions why it happens
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

CURED
had a look this morn and saw the fault.
when they refitted the box they hadn't put the clutch cable into its metal guide on body so when clutch pressed moved th cable which pushed the steering rack hydraulic lines and touched the clip on the inner cv joint clip.
good job i had a mooch at it.
wen i fitted the ball joint as above i clipped the pipes back in hence it only appeared then