Rear Foglights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chrispy
My Cars:

Rear Foglights

Post by Chrispy »

Just noticed my rear foglights don't work. I've replaced the bulbs and the fusr is ok. What else could it be? The front ones are fine.....Wierd!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Have you got trailer lights fitted? Proper Citroen lead/socket has a nice switch in the socket which turns off the car foglights when the trailer is attached. Replace proper socket with an ordinary one and the rear foglights don't work!
Disconnect trailer wire form LH rear light and plug back together - if it now works thats the problem - cure by finding the lead and connect the foglight wirs together with a couple of scotchlocks and a length of wire.
jeremy
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Whoah? Really? Errmm...well the car doesn't have a towbar, and judging by the look of the underside, never has had one. Where would I find this wiring for the socket? In the tailgate itself or somewhere else?....
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Inside the nearside rear light. Sounds as though you have another problem!
Jeremy
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, behind the O/S rear lamp cluster, under the trim is a socket with four wires on it. There is a plug plugged in to this socket looping two pins. This loop carries the fog lamp supply. The otherb two wires are an earth abd a permanantly live +12V supply if I remember rightly.
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

O/S rear light cluster.....The one inside the boot (with the brakelights) or the one in the tailgate that lifts up (where the foglight bulbs themselves are)?
The lights on the Xantia are split between those on the boot door iteself and the corner of the rear of the car so it's knowing where you mean!
Cheers for your help guys,
Chris.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Can't answer this properly as I know little about Xantias. Usually one of the rear light units will be used as a junction for the other and the tailgate.
Jeremy
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sorry, It's behind the body mounted cluster. You have to pull the side trim away to get at the plug in question. It will be found hiding just underneath a plastic lump attached to the rear inner wing. With the trim pulled sufficiently away to expose the loom running from the light cluster, you'll locate it about six inches along the loom. Very difficult to explain! Let me know if a picture would help and I'll take one.
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Ahhh, I see. Cheers, I shall take a look for it. So am I looking for the plug with the bridging pin? I have had that area of trim off before when I was looking for the cd changer cable so I know roughly what to expect.
Thanks for your help,
Chris.