Help Very Confused.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

simonelsey
My Cars:

Help Very Confused.

Post by simonelsey »

A few months ago fitted rear pads into the Xsara HDI estate . Pads which I purhased didnt fit , The lug on back too near the top same shape apart from this lug(1.5mm out) . These where Lockheed delphi lp699 . After spending next few hours getting correct pads which where Lockheed Delphi LP1778 , lug in correct place all ok . I am now investigating to see if any brakes sites on the web specify these pads for citroen ,but all the sites say LP699 which are wrong for the car . The LP1778 the only info I could find was for Renault megane coupe and clio2000 onwards . So Has anybody got any ideas on this one ,as the motor factors I purchased from said this are quite rare and hard to get ??????. Im panicking I wont be able to get these any more (and where double the price of lp699)
cheers
Simon
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Looking at the EBD catalogue, all Xsaras with rear discs have the same pads, the EBD part number for them is DP 458/2, this is the same pad that the ZX gets according too.
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Yep thats what I thoaght . Lockheed LP699 should fit (label on box) Saxo,xsara,zx,pug205,306,309 and renault 5,9,11,19 Im damned If I can understand this . Ive looked in Halfords, brakes international site and apec braking all say the same thing one pad fits all. These are factory fitted as well, is the factory the same for Renaults or are some citreons built at Renault ????
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Kowalski ,would it be possible for you have a look at megane coupe pads to see the slight differnce in lug distance.
cheers
Simon
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

are you sure you had right pads in in the first place,someone might have put those renault one in by mistake regards malcolm
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Yep Im sure , LP699 which are citroen will not fit , as the lug is in wrong place and will not fit into the grove correctly on piston .So you cannot push pad fully back.I know its strange , and it just doesnt make sense .
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Is it mentioned ANYwhere on boxes or in catalogues that these pads fits an ESTATE Xsara - or a HDI Xsara ?
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Hi Anders , All the web sites Ive visited say for 2.0 hdi estate/1.8 petrol .On actual box does not specify what body just make. I know the car has been serviced by citroen dealer , until I got it . So now one else has played with it . I belive this was one of the last old faced models to be built , then the Face lifted one come out . Could this cause problems due to new parts being used /run down of stock.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

EBD Shows the pads on the Xsara to be different from the ones on the Megane. The Megane ones are DP 1078, their dimensions are 105 x 54 x 11 where as the Xsara ones are 106 x 56 x 11 they look very similar however i.e. as far as I can tell from the pictures they are identical 1mm isn't a big difference in size (just big enough to make the pads jam).
The Citroen Xsara, ZX and Saxo, Peugeot 106, 205, 206, 306 and 309, Renault Clio, 5, 9, and 11 share that same pad with the Xsara.
Some 306s are shown as using a pad DP 458/2(B), but the catalogue just doesn't explain what the 'B' means.
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Ive got the pads in my hans right now. If I put them back to back , perfectly the same size , just the lug has moved down slightly. I have taken the pads around several motor factors and compared with various makes of pads and everytime a xsara one comes out the lug is too high,when I show them one of the old ones I always get a frown (sometimes they just say its not listed). Now the funny thing is I spent 2-3 hours trying to get the correct pads to fit just wouldnt go. Got the other pads to slide in nicley within 5 minutes job done . Ive checked citroens part net and it should be the same as all the other Xsaras . This is just weird.
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

Could some from europe have a look at this http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPo ... Brems1.pdf (possibly german) and look at page 9 for KLO LP1778 and page 4 for KLO LP699 and sort of translate for me .This may help me.(just something Ive searched for but cannot find english version
many regards
Simon