stuck clutch pivot arm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

roypch

stuck clutch pivot arm

Post by roypch »

Hi
I have recently made a post about removing the lower arm balljoint nut and with the help of this forum that is now sorted out. thanks again.
I am now stuck with removing the clutch pivot arm. I have removed the pin/spring clip with some tapping. but the arm won't come loose from the pivot shaft. tried swinging it back and forth(clutch is so heavy - i have to connect clutch cable back on the arm to do even this).
I tried tapping it a bit (not that gentle i must admit) as well. the whole thing will lift a bit now - is it becz i buggered the nylon bushes inside ? (are they very expensive ?)
How can i seperate this arm from the pivot ?. tried spraying the penetrants bottles i have. pls help
thanks again
roypch

Post by roypch »

just a correction - what i meant to say was that the arm+pivot together move up and down a bit.
I can't seperate the arm from the pivot rod. Is hammering the centre pivot or lever (and thereby doing some damage) the only option ?
Best
roypch

Post by roypch »

ok ok. it is over in the end.
Hammer it (the arm) forward, backward (the direction it moves when clutch is pressed/released)- i enjoyed the experience for almost 30 minutes. now it is out. thank you all. shaft is a bit loose in the nylon bush - i may have to get new bushings :-(
I will keep you all posted of this complete nutters experience with Xantia clutch change.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

see what percy whatsit dose regards malcolm