XM Yo Yo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zzf00l
My Cars:

XM Yo Yo

Post by zzf00l »

hi guys we've got a 1994-Mreg citroen xm 2.5td coming in and the rear suspension has a mind of its own!customer says that the rear suspension rises and falls whenever it likes,for example he will pull up at traffic lights the rear suspension goes right up then down very quickly,he says there is a noise from the front then itdoes it. it even does it for a while when he takes keys out! it started of occasionally but is getting very frequent now any ideas any body? we changed the accumulator sphere thinking it was down to pressure loss but this made no difference help! i meant to add that all corner spheres seem ok(soft)
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

It do not have the answer but this site is the best for info on citroen hydra systems, hope it helps.
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Could be a sticking rear height corrector, try several applications of WD40.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Citaerobics - to vent out any air/gas trapped.
This weekend I spent replacing both front & rear HC's on my BX TDR. It had a mind of it's own on the rear height.
When out both HC's were clearly stuck in the piston (on the ballhook). This BX has run 256Kmiles.
Oscar Too
My Cars:

Post by Oscar Too »

WD40 the height correctors then grease them up liberally. I don't know how easy it is to access the height control linkages on an XM but they will benefit from a good greasing. My BX started jumping randomly but was sorted out with liberal applications of grease.
Don't forget the customer's driving style may make the car jump, or make jumping worse - if he rams on the brakes at the last second at the lights for instance, the front will sink and back come up and will then correct.
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

Thanks Guys.
Apparently this XM can perform this trick even as the owner exits the car.... WD40 seems to have cured it... didn't grease it up tho'.... i'll give him a ring and get it back in.