leaning rear wheels

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shaunthesheep
My Cars:

leaning rear wheels

Post by shaunthesheep »

i've just noticed a problem on my '93 xantia,
the drivers rear wheel is leaning inwards at the top, it does seem strange thats it's only this side not the other one.
before you all say "its the trailing arm bearings", i say not, cause i've replaced both side in september, so thats them ruled out.
when i removed the old arm bearings, i did notice that the inside of the arm was all 'pitted' with the indents of the old bearings, could these indents be the cause of the leaning wheel, or something else.
dom
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Dom,
I've heard of the outer casing of the bearing actually turning inside the arms if they are worn/pitted and not holding the bearing really secure. My guess would be that the bearings are probabluy OK but the arms are the problem.
May be worth seeing a local friendly scrappy & grabbing a good secondhand arm & swapping the new bearings over. I presume also that when you did the bearings you did do it as a kit & not just change the bearings did you? otherwise this can be a whole new set of problems as regards pre-load etc.
Alan S
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

alan,
you are correct i did buy the complete repair kit from gfs. will check with my local scrappy if he's got a trailing arm for a citroen xantia, did they change the desin or anything like that???, i have'nt got abs.
dom
p.s what did you think of that email?, any good to you?
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
alan,
you are correct i did buy the complete repair kit from gfs. will check with my local scrappy if he's got a trailing arm for a citroen xantia, did they change the desin or anything like that???, i have'nt got abs.
dom
p.s what did you think of that email?, any good to you?
Dom,
I think ABS & non ABS could be slightly different; play it safe & act as if they were.
Ref: the e-mail. Yes very interesting but I was trying to figure how that [position allowed grease into the void? Are Xantia arms hollow in that section?
Alan S

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

yes the arms are hollow in that section, so i will be pumping them full of grease ion the near future.
dom