what if

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

it sounds like good stuff, if it stops the cash machines from taking pictures im in favour of it, did you know last year they made 80 billion £££ out of cameras/clamping/parking tickets and with that kind of profit we should get free road tax and petrol, love that bottom car there mate I have not seen one of them for years and must be worth a fortune.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Has anybody thought about creatively using this stuff to write a different number on your plate. That way, cameras and the like read a number plate, just not your number plate, where as it isnt obvious to the officers why its read the wrong plate. If you got caught you'd probably be strung up with something like "perverting the course of justice".
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

As far as changing number plates goes; we've got a state up north called the Northern Territory (now, there's some imagination for you)[:p] that has the reputation of being inhabited by some of the greatest characters on the planet. Territorians are "different" in as much as they can be wiped out by a mega cyclone as happened in 1974 and they just carry on with life. There's not much in disasters that NT hasn't been a victim of and at one stage it had no speed limits on its vast pen roads. However, when the Government found there was a buck to be made, they soon gave them some complete with speed cameras because even though they had the lowest road toll in the Country, "speed kills" (must be true; the man selling the Radars told them so and he wouldn't lie, would he??)
Last I heard they were hardly ever using them and were talking about scrapping them mainly because whenever the locals were about to embark on a long trip where they may gat caught, they just altered their number plates with tape, so a 6 became an 8 a 9 became an 8 and vice versa, a 1 became a 7 and a 0 became a 9 or an 8 or a 6 or a 3 so it was so much problem to find them it was costing more than it was worth.
Think about it; if someone comes along with a pic of what's supposedly your car and it's got a different number plate on it, has to be a shaky case proving otherwise.
Alan S
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

I like the bond thing if it were only possible to make the number/letters disappear like no number at all, by flipping over when the camera tries to take a picture and a sensor on the plate detects it and goes into action, would have to be fast though so until some one invents it ill have to stick with the stealth spray "of course I rarely speed any way" there are just times when the mind if off a little when going down hills ( the car tends to pick up speed ) and for what ever reason there always seems to be a cash machine in these areas, a bit like deliberate entrapment but they get away with it.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

sorry its gone off topic a little ill have to get my bearings sorted.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

While there's still time to pervert this thread, I thought I'd mention my idea for perverting the cause of injustice - fit a slave flash unit directly (and almost invisibly) above the rear number plate. When the speed camera flashes, the slave unit does the same and ruins the exposure!
//NiSk
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jeremy</i>

I'd have thought that using anything other than standard was a waste of time. From postings here it would seem that occasionally ZX wishbone bushes fail but then no-one is running a new car are they. I would think that there are very few cars that have had those bushes done more than once.
I'd have said that the ZX responded well to steering inputs so if yours doesn't you may have another problem.
Jeremy
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
My ZX it's not responding bad, I was jus a simple "what if" question.