Synergie airbag screws

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ebod
My Cars:

Synergie airbag screws

Post by ebod »

Hi,
I plan to tidy up all the niggly probs on my Synergie in readiness for selling it late summer ( small dent reapirs etc ). One of its niggles is the wheel is cocked slightly since it had a full clutch change in November due to sub-frame removal.
I hoped that the tracking might be slightly out and the fresh adjustment at kwik-fit would pull it straight. But I just had the tracking done and it didn't need adjusting.
Therefore I want to take off the wheel and re-fit it one or two splines along. I've read all the dangers about airbags and disconnected the battery.
I've also ready about turning the wheel 90°. But what I can't suss is what the hell is the screw head size buried inside the back of the wheel. I'm guessing its a torx head but everything I've tried hasn't worked so far.
Please advise
Thx
Oh and one more thing. What do you chaps think of steam cleaning diesel engine bays. Am I inviting trouble or is this a hazard free task.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

If its got the same type of wheel as the Xantia, then they're T30 size torx heads.
ebod
My Cars:

Post by ebod »

yep, sorted it.
I found a post about Xantias and picked up the T30 from there. I was trying to find a screw head with the driver parallel to the steering column.
In actual fact its about 10° offset from the column.
Anyway, easy job , but was a bit nervy doing it in case the airbag triggered.
What about my steam cleaning query ? is it a bad idea or what?
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

steam clean is good, jet wash is also its near impossible to set the airbags off unless you try really hard like welding the chassis with the batery connected.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

I'd be a bir wary of the steam clean!!
Its no problem on simple old mechanical lumps like my BX, you only have to put a carrier bag over the alternator, but I'm guessing a Synergie is going to have quite a bit more elastic trickery under the bonnet, which won't like the moisture- just to be on the safe side give the visible bits a wipe over with a parrafiny rag and leave it at that!!!
A freshly steam cleaned engine is always a bit suspicious to a punter anyway.....