96 1.9TD Xantia MAP sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jet_pack234

96 1.9TD Xantia MAP sensor

Post by jet_pack234 »

My xantia has no power there is no 'kick' from the turbo when pulling away and whilst driving up an incline my foot is flat to the floor dong 60mph with no accelration.
Could this be the MAP sensor?
If so where is it, could someone send me a picture of the wherabouts or describe it in detail. Looking under the bonnet there are sensors everywhere!
Many thanks
Matt
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

is the turbo connected from the manifold
jet_pack234

Post by jet_pack234 »

Yes I think so, shouldn't it be connected to the outlet manifold?
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jet_pack234</i>

Could this be the MAP sensor?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No, this engine doesn't have a MAP sensor !
Check all the connections on the black plastic air pipes that run over the top of the engine from the turbo down to the intercooler. I had one of these pipes become disconnected on mine and it caused symptoms very like yours.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

There is some method of communicating inlet pressure to the pump - usually a small hose running from the intercooler or nearby (after the turbo). This hose rots, splits drops off etc and you loose all extra power from the turbo. Nice and cheap to repair though!
jeremy
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jeremy</i>

There is some method of communicating inlet pressure to the pump - usually a small hose running from the intercooler or nearby (after the turbo).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes I'd forgotten that one! On a Xantia this hose normally joins into the black air pipe where it runs diagonally over the cam cover.
jet_pack234

Post by jet_pack234 »

Thanks guys for all your help, one thing though the haynes manual decribes a map sensor under the diesel engine section!!!
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I think there is a MAP sensor on the 2.1TD with the Lucas EPIC system, never seen one on a 1.9 TD though.
jet_pack234

Post by jet_pack234 »

Ahh thats it- just checked the manual, thanks for putting me straight, will chek pipes at earliest oppurtunity off to work nights now, enjoy your weekend.....