Access to radiator fans on aircon Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i suppose its fine playing with these motors if its your own car and your not paying a garage to play regards malcolm
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by citronut</i>

time must be cheaper in aus then alan or you have more spare time regards malcolm
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Previous owner was charged A$265 for a second hand fan motor; I redid this one in less than an hour and as you say later, I do have the time, but don't lose sight of the fact we are talking to DIYers here not people doing it for a living, however if the fan motors are excessively expensive or indeed hard to find, this is still the viable option to using a second hand motor with unknown life expectancy given the job it is to gain access to them.
Pete/
" mind you over here salt from the roads corroding the bearings solid during the fan's 10 month rest period"
These fans only have a front bearing the rear runs in a phosophur bronze bush. If you were doing the job and it was seized/grown onto the shaft and (time permitting) you wanted to remove it without using too much force, left overnight soaking with oil down the shaft would see it out OK.
Alan S