Towbar on an AX 1.4?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Andrew Robey
My Cars:

Towbar on an AX 1.4?

Post by Andrew Robey »

Anyone got any advice about fitting a towbar to an AX 1.4 petrol? Not towing anything heavy - light trailer with some camping gear in it.
Or if anyone has a cheap one in SE London?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

UKtowbars.co.uk
Cheap supply of after market tow bars. Easy to fit - wiring the 12N socket can be a bit of a pain but on the whole not that difficult to do. Have a look round the scrappers or the classified ads - if you spot an AX for sale with a tow bar - make an offer on the towbar. they are fairly starightforward to fit, its easier if you pull off the back bumper, but not essential.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

I've been told that the BX bumper will fit the AX, anyone any ideas on this? would certainly make it cheaper! I'm tempted to get roof racks for my mum's AX as it seems to be becoming a back up for the evil BX, just not sure quite what she might say!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Vanny - knowing you anything can be made to fit!
When I had just got the dreaded AX I was looking for a towbar to pull my icckle trailer and on occasion move the caravan onto the drive from the hardstanding - couldnt find a single one anywhere apart from a new one for £50 plus the ball & 12N. Roof racks on the other hand seemed to be 10 a penny off fleebay - but as I already had a nice one for the Xant I didnt bother.
If I see one do you want me to give you a nod? Presumably this is for your Gnuing trips?