Washers??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dmcclymont

Washers??

Post by dmcclymont »

Hmm, washers work under protest, poor flow front and rear and I suspect the pump (or should I suspect a block?? are the pumps ultra reliable?)
Do I need to take a wing off to get to the tank? Looks like I do?
Any advice anyone - thanks.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Try running a solution of bio washing powder through it first, it can dissolve the stubborn understains that cause poor screen washing performance[:D]
Stewart
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmcclymont</i>
Do I need to take a wing off to get to the tank? Looks like I do?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Are we talking Xantia here? If so - jack it up securely and remove front o/s wheel. You may also need to remove some wheel arch liner.
lighteninguk

Post by lighteninguk »

i would start simple, first try poking the nozzles with a needle... then, if that doesnt help, you can easily clean the pipes which attatch to the bonnet for the front by disconnecting it and blasting a hose down one end. another thing is whilst poking the nozzles with a needle (or other fine implement) get an assistant to turn on the washers, (whilst dodging the whipers and the squirting water and being laughed at by your assitant) try wiggling the needle in the nozzles openings it seems to clear the nozzles up super