1.6 HDi flat spot

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

loungelizard
My Cars:

1.6 HDi flat spot

Post by loungelizard »

I have a new C5 with 1.6 HDi. Wonderful engine BUT it has a problem which the dealer tells me is a software fault and which affects all cars equipped with the 1.6 HDi engine. At around 1,000 rpm the engine hesitates momentarily then picks up as if nothing had happened. I am told that Citroen know about this problem and are working on a fix but that it may be months before it becomes available.
Shouldn't the vendor have made me aware that there was a known fault in accepting my order for the vehicle? Anyhow, I love the car but wish that Citroen would give the matter priority because there are safety implications.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

If it was a known fault at the time of your order, and you were not made aware of it, then I think you would have a fairly strong case to make them take the car back and refund you, although the longer you leave it, the less chance you have of this.
Surely 1000rpm is below the useful band for this engine, so you will hardly ever experience the problem?
loungelizard
My Cars:

Post by loungelizard »

Hi fast,
Thanks for your thoughts. The problem manifests itself just after starting from stopped (or almost stopped). I don't really want a refund because this car is just about perfect for my needs. I just want Citroen to get its finger out and so am shouting it over the rooftops.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by loungelizard</i>

Hi fast,
Thanks for your thoughts. The problem manifests itself just after starting from stopped (or almost stopped). I don't really want a refund because this car is just about perfect for my needs. I just want Citroen to get its finger out and so am shouting it over the rooftops.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What type of mpg are you seeing with the 1.6 hdi, sint that the 110hp variant? That was fitted to the 206 gti hdi I think, has anyone heard of any probs in the Pug?
Cheers
Paul
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

I have to say, having heard what Citroen UK are like at the moment in respect of warranty claims and the like, I think you may be waiting a fair while.
If you want to cause some problems, aparently there is a standard legal letter that can be sent to Citroen (or any company of course) which makes some fairly dramatic statements about their legal responsibilities. I'll see if I can dig it out.