Hydraclean - How long to leave it in?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndUK

Hydraclean - How long to leave it in?

Post by AndUK »

I understand that Hydraclean should be left in the system for about 1000 miles for it to do the job properly.
I don't do a high mileage and that could mean that it will be in my system for quite a while.
Is there a <u><u><u>time limit</u></u></u> as well as a mileage limit for Hydraclean as I wouldn't want to leave it in longer than necessary?
Thanks in advance
AndUK
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Did it say anything on the tin?
jeremy
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I do not have any documented info on this.
But I really doubt the hydracleanse in any way can harm the system components or material - like the seals for instance.
The reason a mileage is mentioned is simply that a moving car will cause the fluid to shift around in the system the natural way - and thereby flush the system.
Logic tells you then that the more mileage with fluid in system - the more flushing - until practical limits of course.
Take the thumbs rule of 1 (one) year - like you would do an engine oil change on any car if mileage does not reach prescribed oil change interval.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Suddenly remembered I have a red 5L can of "TOTAL Hydrarinquage" in my workshop. The label does not say anything about a time limit - but a usage limit of "between 1500 and 5000 Km maximum" .