Xsara Central Locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rblakemore

Xsara Central Locking

Post by rblakemore »

My xsara has a problem with the central locking, and all the electrics on the drivers door. The key fob stopped working before any of this.? When you lock the car from the drivers door, it locks that door only, and when you try to lock it from the passenger door, it locks and unlock as if there is a door open. The drivers side electric window doesn't work, nor does the interior light, or the mileage on the speedo and also the boot won't unlatch by opening the drivers door. Does anyone know what might be going on and how much it might cost me to fix it? I'm at my wits end with the car now, as in the 18 months since I have had it it has had problem after problem. It is a 2001 model on a Y reg. Warranty expired Aug last year!
j0nsmith

Post by j0nsmith »

Hi
Try checking the wires for breakages in the rubber boot between the door and bodywork
Had similar problem myself.
rblakemore

Post by rblakemore »

Just had a look at that and one of the wires is completely severed. Thanks for your advice. Am I likely to need the central locking re-programming???
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the central locking wont need re-programmed,just repair the wire & it should be ok.