Hot hot hot ...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

leonardo

Hot hot hot ...

Post by leonardo »

For all of you you have cars withour air con and sweltering, can I recommend a product to make you feel really keep you and your car cool:
Magicool. (I'm not a salesman for them). http://www.magicool.uk.com
A canister costs less than a fiver.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

ah yes the one with the p**n style advert
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Is this just R134a mixed with water, in an aerosol can?
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

Is this just R134a mixed with water, in an aerosol can?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
if it is, I'd suggest also using asbestos for snuff as 134a has been shown to cause testicular cancer so possibly ideal for anyone with ambitions of joining the Vienna Boys Choir on a long term basis.[:D][}:)]
Alan S
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Very cheap adverts- they been using the same one for the past 5 years I think! Isnt there a donkey or a camel involved doing a strange gurning face at the end - maybe that bird is doing something with the aerosol can that she shouldnt !>?[;)]
I realised at weekend that aircon was staying on all the time and had a look on this forum - turns out that if you have the blow directed at windscreen it keeps your aircon on all the time. Doh, bet this has cost me an arm and a leg in juice!
Wonder what is cheaper in terms of fuel economy- having A/C on low or having standard blowers on full pelt!?
Evodad
My Cars:

Post by Evodad »

Where is it shown that 134a gives you cancer?
It is used now as a replacement propellant for CFCs in asthmatic inhalers & intensive toxicology work was undertaken before the US FDA allowed this to happen.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

The fan motor on just about any car draws about 2 amps, which is 24w. This is about 0.032 HP, which is not a lot. An aircon compressor usually takes between 2 and 5 HP to drive it, so the difference is probably well over 100x!. The interesting comparison is the additional drag caused by driving with the windows open. In some cars, at speed (say 60mph) this can be well over 5hp difference, so in that case it would be more economic to have A/C on rather than open the windows.