Renault 5 Idle Speed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

The_Doc
My Cars:

Renault 5 Idle Speed

Post by The_Doc »

Hi Folks,
I have a Renault 5 1995 model. It's idling very fast and my workshop manual covers every carb' under the sun but this one! There are various electronic bits and bobs attached and what looks like a fuel enrichment gizmo of some sort mounted above the carb which is clearly electronically controlled. Is the a physical adjustment to make here, a loose connestion or a new bit required? I can see a fair amount of fuel being squirted in above the butterfly.
Also The clutch is engaging very early in its travel. Would this imply a problem with the adjusting 'quadrant' a stretched cable maybe.What do you think?
All the best Mike
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Not something daft like an accelerator cable thats not adjusted correctly?
The clutch problem would probably also be incorrect adjustment, your workshop manual will tell you how to adjust it on this car. If this fails, try a new clutch cable.
Richard Green

Post by Richard Green »

its not a carburetor as such its a single point injection or throttle body injection "TBi", I would agree on cable being too tight and clutch probably the same, if not there are many things that would cause these problems but one at a time to prevent confusion.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

check for air leak,vaccum hoses and manifold joints regards malcolm
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Dont you mean the "CFI" unit - central fuel injection. It looks like a carburettor, but has a single injector in the center of it, inplace of four single injectors built into the intlet manifold. Whats the mileage of the car? Adjustment of the CFI unit will require the emmisions to be set up afterwards. Hope this helps.