Memory mirrors ??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Waxee

Memory mirrors ??

Post by Waxee »

Can anyone help
My Owners Manual says the passenger side mirror will automatically dip into the position set when in reverse, when reverse gear is selected, to aid parking etc. Model dependant. My VSX has nearly every other gimmick but this doesn't work. [V]
No where elso on this excellent forum have I seen mention of this feature, am I to believe everybody elses is working fine ?
As the weather warms, its time to fix all these quirks to make a damn good car perfect. I'll be back with a few more queries.....
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

I think you may find it only a feature of the RARE "exclusive" model, if not, on the Xantia, only fitted on the optinal "Winter Pack" option, which includes headlight washers, and heated seats.
I know though for a fact its on Mk.2 XM's from SX (I think) trim upwards, hence, VSX and Exclusive.
Trouble withthe hand books, they always say, "depending on trim or country", but never say which trim shnould have it..
Regards
zzf00l
My Cars:

Post by zzf00l »

I have owned two exclusive V6 Xantia'a with 'dipping' mirror not sure if thay feature on the VSX, However, if they do then try this... select reverse and with reverse selected adjust the mirror to a low angle then select neutral at which time the mirror should return to it's 'normal' position... select reverse again and the mirror should dip.
Waxee

Post by Waxee »

Thanks guys, I,ve tried the setting procedure but no luck so I guess it is only the Exclusive models.
The good news is if I dont have it, it's not broken !
Onto next problem. Only passenger mirror is defrosting, not drivers. Anybody had this problem before ? Dont know if I should start at the mirror end or if there is a junction somewhere accesable where the problem might be, amy ideas ?
Niek
My Cars:

Post by Niek »

Easiest should be to check the connections going from sill to door (big multiplug which you can disconnect and measure. That is if you know which pole should have 12v, I don't) Failing this you could always take the mirror off and measure the two wires going to it. If no 12v then you will probably have a wiring issue, if there is 12v the big flat resistor plate behind the mirror will be faulty.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

yeh my mothers Xantia Exclusive has it. Wondered what the noise was when we first got it lol. Quite useful too.
ripsaw82
My Cars:

Post by ripsaw82 »

I have a older Xantia, and in the manual it says only available on VSX model. So it should work.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

I pondered this question on the forum some time ago. It turns out that the "index" mirror was part of the forementioned "winter pack", the PSA literature dont mention that its a option - all my Xantia owners manuel says is basically, if you have got elec mirrors you got the "index" mirror but its not so [:(]. I was told (by a Citroen/Peugeot/Talbot/Simca guru) that just to get a mirror to tip down a seperate ECU is located in the N/S front door and a extra 20 or so wires plus other "gubbins" - all this extra gear just to get a mirror to tip. Crazy.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The indexable mirror option has nothing to do with the Winter pack.
That only added headlight washers, heated seats and heated windscreen nozzels.
The indexable mirror came only as an add-on to electrically adjustable seats, hence why its found on all Exclusive models.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Well there you go - only if you have got heated seats. How hard would it be to write that in the owners handbook? I learn something new about Citroens every day. Good thing that this Citroen will be my first and last.
Waxee

Post by Waxee »

Thanks guys, it seems that issue is ironed out now. No need for me to look for something to fix, if I dont even have it.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Yup but being a cit it wouldn't work even if you had it [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]
________
DODGE LA FEMME SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

well it may be a citroen but at least its not a fix or repair dayly(FORD) or a fix it again tony/tommorow(FIAT) regards malcolm
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

Ford Mondeo 2.0i 1996 - 135k only 1 breakdown due to shot battery. Still got it, love it to bits.
Peugeot 405 GTX 1.9i 1991 110k - 2 starter motors, 1 battery, 2 sets of shocks, frequent front tyres, constant elec probs. Cambelt pully bolt snapped in the end - so I threw it away. I was glad.
Ford Orion 1.6i ghia 1984 140k - Best car in the world! In 8 years this car never, and I do mean never broke down. Looked nice too - so nice that fu**ing gypsies stole it and wrote it off.
Citroen Xantia sx 1.9 td 1993 - I do like this car, but the build quality and reliability is pathetic - every week something goes wrong. But is is v good (when it goes right).
VW Scirocco GT 1981 - Ha Ha. This car had a "home conversion" Janspeed turbo kit fitted to it from a Datsun 280 or Bluebird when I bought it (many moons ago) - went fast (lots of lag) when the turbo kicked in at 5500 rpm dident last long.
My conclusion - If a cambelt on a Ford sierra 1.8 CVH snapped at 2:30 on a saturday afternoon, I could have it running by 7:00 pm and only for a cost of £50 - £60 quid. From my exp of only owning 2 french cars if they do break down make sure its on a Monday morning at 9:00 am, and even then you have to wait for the parts to arrive.
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

True, but they do have that certain "Je ne sais quoi"!