'Anti sink' spheres...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Yikes, you're really into this stuff aren't you! Right, well to explain my query in relation to the symptoms I'm having.
If i stop the engine and get out, the car drops by as much as it went up when I got out which is good. It doesn't sink much overnight, just a couple of inches tops. If I get in it perhaps an hour later, as soon as the engine starts (not as soon as I turn the key) there's a slight knock from underneath and the rear sinks. Then it slowly comes back up and levels itself out with the front which sometimes sinks a bit too. If i get in the car after leaving it for 5 mins however it's fine.
If I do citerobics, as I say, the rear refuses to go from max to normal. Only from max to min to normal. The front responds fine. I've doused the height corrector (I think thats what it was) in wd40 and then blathered it in grease but it made no difference. What should I be looking for under there? Anything specific to douse in WD40? Bearing in mind I don't know what anything looks like and the Haynes manual doesn't help a jot.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

And the award for longest reply to a post goes to.... Mandrake.
It all sounds plausable / sensible.