M.O.T due tomorrow....exhaust worry

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

M.O.T due tomorrow....exhaust worry

Post by mezuk04 »

Just wondering if my exhaust is a bit rusty so to speak...certainly a worry for tomorrow...just wondering if anyone has an idea of price for a new exhaust for my car...and does it new a CAT???
Regards
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

If it's not holed or blowing and secure, it should pass. Check out the GSF site for a price.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Bamber</i>

If it's not holed or blowing and secure, it should pass. Check out the GSF site for a price.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
A question on exhausts, why is the mpg supposed to drop if youve got a hole in your exhaust? Is it somethingg to do with drop in back pressure? I dont know!!?! [:I]
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Not sure on how many components there are (pipes) and does a diesel need a Cat??
ssray
My Cars:

Post by ssray »

diesels not tested for cat, tested for particulates ie smoke, you could replace the cat with a straight piece of pipe, should improve performance and possibly fuel consumption
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

No CAT you say.....arh that brings the cost down
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Well just got back from garage....the car past....just needs a drive shaft gaitor replacing as its on it way out....did the same one the other year with my last zx.....that plastic coneeeee...oh crikey