OMG : Bought myself a "new" BX !

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Bamber</i>

That little list will keep you quiet for a while Anders. It's a pity you are so far way, A Mad BX Weekend would be a hoot.....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You could always send Jon an SMS and he might just slip up there whilst he's "in the neighbourhood."[;)][;)]
Alan S [8D][}:)]
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alans</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Bamber</i>

That little list will keep you quiet for a while Anders. It's a pity you are so far way, A Mad BX Weekend would be a hoot.....
You could always send Jon an SMS and he might just slip up there whilst he's "in the neighbourhood."[;)][;)]
Alan S [8D][}:)]
Ah yes, only "up the road" a bit[;)]
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

you actually get PAID to scrap a car in Denmark?? That's amazing! Up until quite recently we had to pay about £30 even if we took the car to the scrappers ourselves! The value of scrap steel has gone up a bit now, and you might get a bit for it if you take it in, but if you need collection of the car it will still probably cost you a few beer tokens.
Unfortunately there seem to be more and more companies who simply drain fluids from the scrap car, and just crush it complete. An utter utter waste, and a pointless waste of effort as it creates horrid problems with recycled steel. Personally, I am always fairly careful to split all differing materials from a car I scrap.
BX-Basis
My Cars:

Post by BX-Basis »

Depending on the car you have, you get paid for it by the scrapyard in Germany. The 2 BXes I scrapped last year (my 19 TRD and my 4WD Estate, both more or less just a naked BX body) were picked up right before my door and I didn't have to pay anything for it. In Germany scrapyards are ruled very strictly by law, they have to split the materials very accurately. That obviously gives high quality recycled steel for China. With the higher prices for steel, prices for scrapping a car have lowered more and more, last year the scrapyards (at least here in the north) began to pay for cars or picked them up directly from your home for free.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

It costs more in environmental terms to scrap a car and manufacture a new one than it does to keep one running. I'm very happy to invite Anders to bxclub.co.uk
He is following a very green principle, keeping a BX on the road.
czenda
My Cars:

Post by czenda »

I agree fully with tomsheppard.
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

you have to wonder why the government (certinaly the UK one anyway) has done so much to bring down the cost of new cars here. Personally I think cars should cost an absolute fortune to purchase. That way people would be far less willing to scrap a car simply because it needs £50 of parts to get through an MOT, and you would also remove the problem of cars being dumped at the roadside. As a knock-on effect, you could almost guarantee that people would drive more carefully, as they would be only too aware of the value of the item they are driving about in.
It will never happen of course because the big car companies apply pressure to be able to sell as many cars as possible. Plus, you try to explain to joe public that keeping old cars on the road is more environmentally friendly than buying a new one. They just don't understand, and worse, don't believe you.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I think that a covenant forbidding the purchase of a new car for five years after buying one would be a good idea. That'd improve driving standards, I'll wot. How about half price road tax at fifteen years old and none at all at twenty five. Good redistributive taxation.
How about explaining that 300BHP two ton four wheel drives are inherently deathtraps because they don't stop stick or steer? No, never let the facts interfere with the market.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

All the sh!t for brains middle aged women drive the 3ton w@nk tanks out here. They feel safe and secure sitting up there in there 3ton trucks. Nothing you can do will stop them, they are the latest fad. In 5-10years time they will no longer be a "In thing" for the sh!t for brains women so there will be huge glut of them on the market that will make really useful cheap tow barges[}:)] [:D]
You know image means more than anything. Could you imagine anything more embarrasing than driving a sh!tty old Citroen [:0] Image Image Image
Out here people advertise in the papers, they will take away *any* car on 4wheels and pay you $50bux for it. Apparantly once they get 100cars, you call in a crusher and they will give you $10,000aud for the hundred crushed cars (I'm unsure of the accuracy of this).
seeya,
Shane L.
seeya,
Shane L.
ErikDK

Post by ErikDK »

Tillykke Anders!
And good luck :-)
Erik