Citroen Keys

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peter mawer
My Cars:

Citroen Keys

Post by peter mawer »

Just purchased a xantia T reg 1.9 Td sensation ( ooooh! such a sexy name ! ) I only have one plip how do I go about getting a spare without paying a fortune , help.[}:)]
cheshire61
My Cars:

Post by cheshire61 »

peter,
have a look on ebay i have picked 2 up for my xantia very cheap
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

when i spoke to a guy "in the know" about plips and stuff he told me to get the code number of the receiver and ask the stealer, told me the cost would be about £30
peter mawer
My Cars:

Post by peter mawer »

Well that explains it all really.
erico
My Cars:

Post by erico »

In the Netherlands it was amazing. Can only get the key from a dealer and the cost surprised me. 2.82 Euros + VAT!! It took two business days. When you get the key, do yourself a big favor... write down the key number in your manual.
citroenzx
My Cars:

Post by citroenzx »

quality, do they do mail order??? [:D]
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

I have just purchased a key blade for a 1995 xantia. The key was £15 plus £2 for the fitting kit. If you do not have the key number (it should be written down in your service handbook) it will cost a further £13 search fee from your VIN number. No, these keys can not be bought anywhere else apart from Citroen. I think your key fob is different as yours is a mark 2?. As far as programming the key in they will charge £30 (as quoted). There have been numerous postings on this site on how to do it.