xantia activa problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

activamike
My Cars:

xantia activa problems

Post by activamike »

just searching for info found this forum.
i have just bought a 1998 xantia activa 2.0 and i have a few niggles,
the wipers only work on low speed, looking around the fuse box i cant find the blue relay or an empty socket but i have got two black relays that seem to control the wipers (ie the wipers stop if i pull one or the other out).
and
the car leans to the passenger side when parked.
should have noticed this before i bought it but i saw "activa" and thought i had to have it, other than that im very impressed with the car and how it drives. any ideas would be much appreciated.[:)]
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

My Activa also leans to the passenger side when parked.
Hopefully Andy, AKA Activav6uk will see this thread and suplly an answer to that problem.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The leaning to one side can be corrected by way of adjusting a linkage which sits in the middle of the car just behind the front crossmember.
The car needs to be on level surface with the engine running.
I've seen it done on a Citroen training video and it appears quite simple really.
activamike
My Cars:

Post by activamike »

although the car leans when parked, once started the stop light stays on for about 5 seconds or so and then it levels itself, somtimes it goes to far up on one side but settles level again as soon as there is any supension movement.
basil40

Post by basil40 »

I had this problem, but milder, I replaced all the spheres and that seemed to do the trick. But much more expensive than twidling with the linkage. However, could be showing up that your activa spheres might be on the way out. There are 4 front/rear spheres that control the suspension.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

yes the linkag4e needs ajusting, if your in the midlands i', going to start offering free ajustments on this (donations welcome of cause) if your car suffers for it, althouhg it may seem like it causes no probl;ems you wil find that the grip on the side that it leans away from will be lessoned as the lean is always in efect even if you cant tell it is, also this problem seams to make the car lean more than the .5 degrees that it should (you wont know unless you drive a working activa). it all sounds like a nightmare but in reality it should be a simple fix (once its on my new huge ramps :)
Andy
basil40

Post by basil40 »

That's really kind of Andy to offer this service, but if it's causing no trouble at all then why tweak it? The thing is, that it's highly unlikely that it is due to a relatively minor readjustment issue. If it was like that then we'd all be looking for little screws to fiddle with on our Activas. It looks to me that you have to get he vehicle back to the required engineering requirements. These cars are pretty simple really - like baking a cake. Modern cars are not tweak friendly. Something is wrong.