De-Catting a Xantia HDi 110

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

littleredrooster

Post by littleredrooster »

Wow - result from Drpau!!! Thanks for that - I spent four hours looking on t'internet without coming up with that!
Looking at the pics of the 3 models listed, it looks as if the front pipe from the non-cat 1.9TD may actually fit the HDi. I'm probably gonna buy one and risk it - I may be able to use it for bodging the existing setup if nowt else!
<font size="1">Edit: Just spotted that Kowalski actually suggested this. Credit where it's due </font id="size1">
Will be getting down and dirty with it this afternoon.
Ta muchly, chaps - will let you know what happens.
rdj104

Post by rdj104 »

Hi,
I'm potentially in the same situation, as you will see from my previous post, I've been trying to replace my cat on my Xantia 110 HDi, after it died last week through rust. I bought a new cat £114 inc vat looks VERY similar to the one in that picture above, however the sealing ring provided with it doesn't fit and they can't supply one, so looks like I could now decat mine, an option I hadn't thought about before.
I will ask a local exhaust manufacturing place what they could do, and can see what they would do, and if they would do a deal on 2 in case you're interested. Likeways if you find anything out I may be interested.
Alternatively I may go see if Citroen have a sealing ring, but I quite fancy de-catting whilst I have the option
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

When i had my s/steel exhaust fitted i had the option of removing the cat but decided against it when i seen that the cat was just straight through anyway.
littleredrooster

Post by littleredrooster »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rdj104</i>

.....and if they would do a deal on 2 in case you're interested. Likeways if you find anything out I may be interested....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Had mine welded today as a temporary fix (sleeve around the rotten bit), if you get summat made, let us all know where and how much, please. I would be game for a longer-term solution.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Ive welded quite a few cats up on exausts (not the animals!) and its fairly easy, and to my knowledge, they are all still ok. Its the easiest and cheapest option, and if its done well, will last years.