Citroen-pr.net?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Depends on which dealer you choose to send your order to. I've ordered loads of stuff with no problems but I've heard of some dealers getting a bit funny with joe public who order through PR Net. Maybe it's those dealers who like to add their own mark up and would rather you not know the real price!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stempy</i>

Depends on which dealer you choose to send your order to. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Weird - Pr.Net accepted my home address as a delivery / invoice address (even lets me use the facility to produce customer estimates for work on cars!) - mind you apart from pricing bits up I havent ordered anything yet.
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Mmm, I'm tempted to get a few bits.
So the stuff gets sent to your local stealer? Do citroen-pr let you know when the stuff's there, or do you get a really friendly phone call from your local parts manager telling you your cheaper-than-stealer parts are in?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Doh! Just checked the settings on the site again - and yes they gat sent to your local stealer network!
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

My local steeler lets me order on theere and i have the option of a 15% discount if i can wait a week for the parts (suprise suprise i always can). the only down side is ive had to explain activa problems to one of there mecanics who cant get his head around the workshop manuals...
Andy
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

What I did to begin with is to take a printed PR quote in, if they wont honour it ask why and say you may have to inform Citroen as these are there recommended prices and it says on the site that you should ask to see if your entitled to any discounts. with me the parts guys were surprised I had so much insider info and eventually really appreciated that I was doing to leg work to find the parts for them, I know Citroen are supposed to be bad in the uk and to be honest I wouldn’t want to buy a car from the garage I've been getting parts from but the parts department there are awesome and I only now deal with them and GSF even if some one else can beat the price on a single item I've found that in the long run sticking to these 2 company’s actually works out cheaper and I get a better service from both of them.
So use PR.net and walk into the garage with the print, if they except this do it a few times with different orders and then when you have been there enough to be recognised then ask if you can use the PR online ordering system.
Andy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

how do you use pr.net without fibing,because it is ment for trade customers,that is probably why dealer gets sh**y DIYERS try useing it,this also is why there is a price diferants regards malcolm
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

[quote=citronut]sh**y DIYERS[/quote]
Yeah right. I'd use that term to descibe the incompetents working at my local Citroen establishment.[V]
So anyway, how does that explain superloopy's top quote of £34 for a £1.58 part? Pays to shop around eh?
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

i believe that the prices quoted by pr-net are the rrp for the uk. the only diference its made to me is i can look thing up for my self with out having to call Citroen or bug Jon on this forum for the info.
i was told it was fine to use it so long as the garage know what your up to if you place an order, and for me its as quick to email them the info and then pick it up with a 15% discount as it is to just click and place the order...
if your having problems withg a parts department try finding another one you can deal with that is local ish.
Also if the garage is heavaly over charging i would complain directly to PSA UK in coventry, ive never had a reason to go to them to get somethign resolved but i know my local citroen garage dont like it when you tell them you will ask them directly as it doesnt look good on them.
Andy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i would say some one miss quoted in the case of £34 squid,or quoted for wrong part as it is unlikly there would be such a price diferants,also my main point was i thought pr.net was for genuine trade customers,not retail,as trade should get a lesser price than general puplic,which is usuly the same or there abouts as the vat regards malcolm
FrenchLeave
My Cars:

Post by FrenchLeave »

Ross K, if you insert a comma between "sh..y" and "DIYERS" in Malcolm's post it changes the whole meaning. I don't believe for one moment he was inferring that we DIYers are covered in excrement, rather that the dealers get a bit of a strop on. Right Malc?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

frenchleave has translated my post corectly thanks,i also think that non motor trade might not get same access to pr.net as us motor repairers do regards malcolm