rear brakes xsara

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

moggy
My Cars:

rear brakes xsara

Post by moggy »

when i have some weight in my boot of my citroen xsara feels like rear brakes or hand brake keep applying when going over small bumps back end keeps dipping down any ideas what can be causing this?xsara is fine without any weight in boot
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

probably you rear brake compensator valve operating lever adjusted wrongly,it may be adjusted up to tight,although it is ment to allow rear brakes to work more when youy have wheight in the back, or comp/valve it self faulty regards malcolm
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

If you are not touching the brakes aned no-one has fiddled with the master cylinder installation then I would have thought the problem must have something to do with the handbrake, and I'd look at the cables first, especially if they have been adjusted tight and then siezed.
The reason I mention the master cylinder is that if the piston return is restricted the pressure in the cylinder will not be relieved by uncovering the recuperator ports.
jeremy
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

as this is only happening with load in the rear of car it is more likly to be compensator or comp lever adjutment,master cylender cant be afected by weight in rear of car regards malcolm
moggy
My Cars:

Post by moggy »

thanks chaps for all the advice