i need height measurement rear on xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ukmobileman
My Cars:

i need height measurement rear on xantia

Post by ukmobileman »

i need the measurement for the height on the rear suspension for a 1993 19td xantia hatch from the rear hub nut (centre) to the wheel arch lip at 12O'clock
thanks G J Wright
G J Wright
Chris Peddie

Post by Chris Peddie »

Hi,
As a rough guide, most people seem to reckon if you can fit three fingers between the tyre and the arch lip, then the height isn't too far out - I can just manage this on mine. Although this does depend somewhat on how big your hands are!! ;-)
Every one I see on the road seems to ride at a different height though!!!
HTH
Cheers,
Chris
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

thanks mate! mine is just a little high, so i'll have another fiddle this weekend, only wanted a rough guide i have measured a couple of local xantias and both where different (so if you live in norfolk and noticed a chap in the dead of night crouched near your car - IT WAS ME!!!!! hehe)
G J Wright
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

An easy way to check the ride height relatively accurately is to measure the height to a given point (wheel arch edge for example)from the road at highest and lowest height settings. The normal ride height should be the median between these heights.
This is accurate to within a few mm.
//NiSk
Rich
My Cars:

Post by Rich »

Hi everyone,
Not sure, but i think heights are given in Haynes workshop manual but they measure tehm under the car.
Regards, Rich.