Remote Locking.... Help Needed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wilkobob
My Cars:

Remote Locking.... Help Needed

Post by wilkobob »

Hi all, Im after some help with remote locking... but not the usual. I would like to know what the pin out is on the infra red reciever on the ZX. Im thinking about adding radio remote locking (so it actually works at more than a foot away from the car) and need to know which pins do what, also so it activates the factory fit alarm.
On another note, I have a small black box with 2 transmitters tied to it, which was found in a box of car electric parts. It has no lables on it, just a lot of wires (Im thinking its a remote central locking interface, as one wire is long and thin like an aerial). Has anyone seen such devices before (i know they are available on ebay). If so, some idea of how they are wired would be good..
If it helps, there are the following wires from this black box (and i dont know what any of them do!)... 2 red, 2 orange, blue, grey, white, black, pink, purple, brown, and a thinner brow which i presume is the antenna. IF anyone has any ideas on how to test this box with a multimeter, or otherwise, id be very greatful!
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Problem solved... Car now has rf remote locking and no annoying alarm. (my original plip has packed up so no way to get rf unit to do alarm (alarm goes daft if you wire it in).
Only one question.. Is it possible to activate and deavtivate the alarm with the keys?