ZX Instrument panel / new foglight

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Malcolm K
My Cars:

ZX Instrument panel / new foglight

Post by Malcolm K »

Re: ZX 1.4i Elation / 1995. The instrument panel light on right side is dead. I have tried to remove instrument panel but something is stopping it from moving forward; I can pull it slightly forward and it tilts but I'm frightened to pull too hard in case something breaks. Any suggestions welcome.
The glass on a front fog light is broken. I've been quoted around £50 for a new one, but there's nothing much to them (i.e. b****y expensive!) anyone know where to get one at lower cost, breakers yard?
Jon

Post by Jon »

The reason that you can't remove the instrument panel is that the speedo cable sounds like its still attached to the the back of the speedo. I generally carefully remove the air vent on the RH side of the dash and get my (little) hand through to detach the cable, but someone else may have a diffrent method.
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I got a new outer glass section for my ZX 16V right front fog light for £20 from my local Citroen main dealer and they had it in stock. Should be the same from any citroen dealer, if you dont know your local one go to www.citroen.co.uk and they have a dealer search, any one should be able to send one out to you.
If you are anywhere near Crawley, the massive breakers, "Bridges" just by the Peace Pottage services off the M23 have about 10 Zx's including at least 3 Volcanes that have front fog lights. I was there last weekend getting bits for mine. They charged me £5 for a complete front fog light for my sisters Clio and they also might do delivery. Try them on 01293 523684/510633