Argh where does it all go.......?!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adzbaby
My Cars:

Argh where does it all go.......?!

Post by adzbaby »

Evening,
I was given a p reg, 16v 2.0 Xantia VSX (56k) for nowt a few weeks ago.
The reason I was given it was my friend let the engine run dry of oil and the no 1 journal on the crank went and got super heated and knackered itself, bearing and conrod.
I tried to get some over sized shells for it but alas no luck, but luckily I had a donor crank in the wings (thanks Richard Gallagher) from a RFV engine and got some new bearings and conrod reconditioned (the original is the older XU10J4D (RFT)). With the help of a very good mate we rebuilt the engine, new belts, new clutch and got everything back into the bay yesterday and started reconnecting. thought 'hey hey, brum brum is not far away!'
I'm almost there and have reconnected nearly everything. I made the easy mistake of thinking I wouldn't need any photos of how the pipework goes back cause the idea was to have the job done in a few days. However, due to not being to get the required bearings etc I had a few days delay and now I have forgotten how everything went back (stoopido I know [:(]). I also have an out of date Haynes manual which doesn't help as I have no picture of the engine in situ (am going down Halfords in a mo to see if the right one will be any help).
Can anyone here help and supply me with a diagram or photo of the pipework that goes to and from the thermostat housing, inlet manifold intake?
Also, I have ended up with the dreaded, 'where does this plug go?' situation and have one electric plug left over, its a black, 2 pin plug thats part of the same wire that feeds the starter motor and alternator. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Adam.
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

This is off the cuff.......pipework will kind of flop to its original position if allowed so giving you an indication of its location. As for connectors, Citroen ensured that you can not mix them up connect them wrongly. May I suggest you go to a local scrapyard, find a similar model, and either sketch the pipework etc. or photo the whole lot?????? That seems the easy answer. The Haynes manual will in this case be sod all use to you. As with the electrical connections it would be damned difficult to have any pipe on the wrong way around.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

the 2wire plug could be any oil-sensor some kind - look around for any dangling wire or sensor that would mate.
On the earlier XU engines you had the oil press sensors in line with starter motor in front of block.