Activa spheres! no more available?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

phex

Activa spheres! no more available?

Post by phex »

I placed an order for some spheres for the Activa over the weekend with GSF and just got a phone call to be told that there are no more front balancing spheres available [:0] and as they are EOL there will be no more available in the future!
Looks like I will have to go to the local Citroen dealer and prepare to be robbed!
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Spheres at Citroen are not that expensive. I think each sphere cost me around 60€. Six spheres 360€. Top quality and fully compatible with two years guarantee.
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Your kidding? Jon is this true?
Andy
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Can I suggest you verify this by contacting 'Westroen' in Manchester, if non available from GSF. Has anyone got their number to pass on to phex please?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

has any one tried PLEIADS specilising in citroen hydraulic unit re/conditioning,they are based in sawtry cambs tel No 01487 831239,they also sell sphere re/gas gear regards malcolm
phex

Post by phex »

Pleiades put the wrong spheres on my Activa a couple of years ago, and then didn't manage to fix it. I don't rate them very highly at all, ended up taking the car to Duxford service station (main dealer) who got it sorted v.quickly with no hassles.
FDV
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by FDV »

You'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between them and normal H/A. Except it'll be smoother!
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Do we have any answer on this one yet?
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Sorry to say it but i have given up on PLEIADS ive called them on numerouse ocasions and they dont like it when you know waht needs doing, they also give you a diferent story every time.
If gsf arent going to suply them any more i may buy them in bulk and suply them via www.activanet.co.uk .
Andy
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Take a look at the web for 'Westroen' as submitted by NP above. I spoke to Westroen this morning and they confirm that Citroen will not have supplies of the Activa (10 spheres!) in the mediem term future.
Westroen completely rebuild them and offer the same guarantee as Citroen do....3 years! I have found them nice people to do business with and they are very helpful.
So future supplies are not a problem.
phex

Post by phex »

Just had the order turn up this morning, I am a bit surprised to see that there are no new o-rings included with the spheres and as I can't see o-rings in the online catalogue so I just assumed all spheres came with the new rings.
Also a bit frustrated as when I was phoned and told about the unavailable sphere I asked for one anti-roll-bar droplink and 3 nuts to go with it (always worth having a spares as I find with my luck one would break or get dropped down a drain or similar). I just discovered that the droplinks are supplied with nuts anyhow, and I got sent (and charged for) two drop links (not much use on an Activa as it only has 1 droplink). [:D]
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

In what concerns to spheres, Citroen's extra-price is fully justified:
- The right sphere for your car, whatever your model/version/year may be. Computer database tells the right sphere from the car chassis number. Right sphere, right pressure.
- Fresh spheres with a longer life. Unlike most non-official suppliers.
- Top quality sphere.
- Excellent condition on sealed box and includes the compatible o'ring.
- 2 years guarantee.
Since spheres are responsible for the most important feature on a Citroen (magic carpet ride) I would buy them from Citroen.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

But genuine ones in the UK cost £60 each, three times the price of those from GSF.
Then multiply that by eight................................Ouch.
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

Westroen have been good with me. I even convinced Doug of the merits of hydraflush. He was dubious that my system needed but after seeing the colour of the hydraflush when he removed it from my system he changed his mind. Previously the LHM was green so he was quite surprised.