update: Mysterious air leaks; solved!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

freek
My Cars:

update: Mysterious air leaks; solved!

Post by freek »

Hi,
Last week I wrote about the air in the fuel system of my bx trd turbo. I thougt I had found the cause and suspected corrosion of the filter housing. But a day later the car didn't start again. I already planned to have a look at the fuel hoses at the tank today, when I decided to have a more detailed look at the hand pump. Although I renewed all the rubbers app 2 years ago, an air leak somewhere near the filter was still the most likely. So I dismantled the hand pump, and to my surprise the membrane was stiff instead of flexible. This could never have sealed the housing in this condition. In less than 2 years! After replacing it the motor started instantly and runs now really without any trace of air. Good example of bad quality of spare parts? Or just bad luck..
Regards, Freek
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

you must have differant primer in tulip land,as in UK this is a sealed unit not intended to be repaired,like mostly everything these days chuck away society regards malcolm
freek
My Cars:

Post by freek »

In Holland, and I presume in every country, you can buy a repair kit for the Bosch/purflux filter. It contains the valves, the spring of the pump, the membrane and some rubber seals. You can reach the membrane by bending the 3 clips of the cover and removing the cover. I used 'Diesel parts, art. 14.998'.