LHM Filter's

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

LHM Filter's

Post by user_3150 »

Hi' In previous thread's on changing the LHM the 2 filter's (that cost only a few quid to buy) are talked about quite a lot. I went to my local Citroen dealer today and the only 2 that we could find on the computer cost about £22 together. Are these the 2 I need it just seem's from other thread's that they would not be quite so much.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

You dont <font color="red"><i>change</i></font id="red"> these filters.
As they are made of a nylon mesh - they are unclipped and cleaned in any detergent (even petrol).
Of course if they are damaged i.e. ripped in the mesh you change them - but they wont be unless last cleaning proces was done very careless.
j_roc

Post by j_roc »

I cleaned these filters on my Xantia and it maded a hell of a diffrence to the suspension, steering and brakes. Clean them in petrol, meths or a strong soloution of fairy liquid. Also remove the reservior and empty the fluid, clean inside and let it dry completley before you refit it to the car. You will need a couple of litres of LHM to refill the reservoir. Allow a couple of hours to do a good job. Hope this helps.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

citroen say only whash them in petrol and blow dry with air line regards malcolm
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I just place a bit of absorbant rag inside the filter and then blow through from the outside with the air gun, saves messing about with solvents.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

I use a more drastic approach - detergent used in the kitchen for washing dishes! [:D] They become as new!
Rostami
My Cars:

Post by Rostami »

I also used to soak the filters of my BX in fairy and the result was very good.
goldfinche
My Cars:

Post by goldfinche »

Hello I would only like to add one thing, go very carefull with the edge of the LHM tank it's like a razor. Great for slashing wrists. As I found out.
Cheers
Geoff.