CD multichanger

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Ahhhh! I see. Excellent. Thankyou mate, you have been very helpful! Hopefully it wont rain so I can have a go at this....Chris Moyles is driving me potty....
tanto
My Cars:

Post by tanto »

it could be worse he could be driving your xantia[:D][:D][:D]
mpr1956
My Cars:

Post by mpr1956 »

Hi there, I ran my cabling down behind the radio etc, then under the centre console (by taking out the rear ashtray and front tray and undoing the four nuts, then after removing the rear seat cushions ( 4 nuts) I pulled up the carpet and insulation and pushed a wire (the good old straightened wire coathangar with a loop on the end !) under the carpet and pulled the wire(s) through.
Chrispy
My Cars:

Post by Chrispy »

Well, I managed to get it in. I fed the wire behind the head unit, down and under the glovebox. Then pulled the door seal off at the bottom, and fed the wire under the carpet all the way along till I hit the rear seat. I then had to make a minor modification by cutting a small slot in the metal that the seat bolsters onto so that the wire could enter the boot without catching, and come out through the hole for the bolt that holds the seat up when not hatched. The changer cage was then screwed to the rear of the seat. Job done! The only thing is, some songs make the speakers crackle with the bass....not sure what's causing that.... Hmmm....