Citaerobics shows lazy backside

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

"HOWEVER if after going from low to auto you drive off with back low it comes up within a few metres and behaves perfectly"
It's the few metres that worry me! When the back's low your brakes aren't fully operational. As I've found once or twice when reversing out of my drive in too much of a hurry to get moving. You hit the brake pedal, and nothing! Then a scrunch of gravel as they suddenly bite. Very good for the nerves. Wakes you up beautifully.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MW</i>

"HOWEVER if after going from low to auto you drive off with back low it comes up within a few metres and behaves perfectly"
It's the few metres that worry me! When the back's low your brakes aren't fully operational. As I've found once or twice when reversing out of my drive in too much of a hurry to get moving. You hit the brake pedal, and nothing! Then a scrunch of gravel as they suddenly bite. Very good for the nerves. Wakes you up beautifully.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not quite so ...
If the STOP lamp intially has been on for some seconds and then extinguish - you have front brakes for sure. The rear brakes ONLY are however powered by the rear suspension pressure - independent of the front brakes circuit.
rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MW</i>

It's the few metres that worry me!
dont panic MW- it was only a test! I am not daft enough to drive off with either end low normally!
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">dont panic MW- it was only a test! I am not daft enough to drive off with either end low normally!
Going off topic a bit, but this one always seems to be an issue when I take the Xantia to France on the ferry. You've got the engine switched off, as you're supposed to, but somehow you always seem to get only a few seconds' notice from the stewards that it's time to get rolling again. So, by the time you've entered the start code, turned the key and then given the car another ten seconds to get pressurised, the idiot int he BMW behind you thinks you've fallen asleep at the wheel and he's rearing away at your back bumper to get a move on.
Does this happen to anyone else, or am I really just the dozy git that he thinks I am?
rbruce1314
My Cars:

Post by rbruce1314 »

So, by the time you've entered the start code,
I only once ever had the misfortune to use a Cit with a keypad[}:)][}:)][}:)]
Thank goodness they went over to transponders in the keys[:)]